A Door of Hope Pregnancy Center is a faith-based, non-profit organization that offers free, confidential services to women facing unexpected pregnancies and young people making important relationship decisions. Since its beginning in 1981, A Door of Hope has upheld the highest standards of care and compassion to its clients. Today ADOH operates two centers in Delaware; one on Lancaster Pike in Wilmington and the other on Main Street in Newark. Free, accessible services are entirely funded by generous donations from local individuals, businesses, and the Christian community.
You can be confident in our services.
- A Door of Hope clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- Pregnancy tests and ultrasound exams are administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- A Door of Hope does not offer, recommend or refer for abortions, but is committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- A Door of Hope demonstrates a practice of non-discrimination as it relates to service delivery on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected by law.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence and is disclosed only as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm. Some clients choose to share their experience at ADOH with other clients and those who contribute to the organization.
- All staff and volunteers of A Door of Hope receive proper training to help its clients and uphold its stated goals and high standards.
- All staff and volunteers of A Door of Hope receive proper training to uphold these standards.